Termes et conditions
The Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) are applicable to all the participants/users/winners (“Player(s)”) of the Abjadiyat Star Competition (“Competition”) promoted/organised by Ibdaa Limited (“Abjadiyat”) on the Abjadiyat mobile application (“Application”).
Parents/Guardians of the relevant Player must assent to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the Player and take full responsibility for the Player’s compliance with the same.
- The Competition is open from September 1, 2018 to November 30, 2018 or such earlier or later date as Abjadiyat may, in its sole discretion decide (“Competition Period”).
- The Players must submit their entry along with a valid mobile number and/or email address. The mobile number and/or the email address will be used to notify the Players on all matters pertaining to the Competition.
- By submitting an entry, the Players agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Abjadiyat.
- Abjadiyat reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel the Competition in its entirety at any time, and/or to amend the Terms and Conditions as it sees fit.
- The Competition is open only for students who satisfy all of the following criteria (subject to the terms contained hereunder):
- are aged between 2 and 8 during the Competition Period;
- must choose the ‘join now’ option in the Application to participate in the Competition;
- hold a valid admission to study at a School located within the Gulf Co-operation Council (except Qatar) during the Competition Period. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, a “School” shall mean a private educational institution whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities, that provides an educational program for students between the ages 2 to 8, and is authorized under applicable law to provide such a program and is accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation agency, if any; and
- are residents of countries that are members of the Gulf Co-operation Council (except Qatar) during the Competition Period.
- The Winners of the Competition (as defined below) shall be required to provide valid proof of residence, and a valid ID card / bonafide certificate from the relevant School.
- Abjadiyat reserves the sole right to verify eligibility of a Player, and may at its sole discretion choose to not recognize any Player and/or may disqualify any Player.
- Employees and/or sub-contractors of Abjadiyat and/or related entities, and their close family members are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- On the 1s of each Gregorian calendar month, the 2 players ranked highest on the leaderboard displayed within the Application, subject to the terms hereunder, will be deemed to have won the Competition for that month (each such Player referred to as a “Winner”).
- The names of the Winners will be announced on the Application and across such digital/marketing channels as Abjadiyat may, in its sole discretion decide.
- Each Winner will be notified of the result through the email/phone contact details submitted at the time of entry into the Competition.
- Notwithstanding the above, the Winner shall forfeit her/his right on the Prize Money (as defined below) if Abjadiyat is unable to contact her/him, due to reasons of non-availability, incorrect contact details or any other reason, within a period of 10 days from the Competition.
- Abjadiyat reserves the ability at their sole discretion to choose alternate Winner(s) in the event of a disqualification or ineligibility.
- A Player who has been declared a Winner in any month, will not be eligible to be a Winner in any subsequent month during the Competition Period.
- Every Winner will be entitled, subject to the terms hereunder, to receive USD 4,000 (United States Dollar Four Thousand) or the actual tuition fees charged by the Winner’s School for the current academic year, whichever is lower, as a prize for winning the Competition in a particular month (“Prize Money”).
- The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation, any and all taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The Prize Money can be utilized only towards payment of the actual tuition fees charged by the Winner’s School for the current academic year and will be directly transferred to the relevant School’s bank account upon submission of the original tax invoice raised by such School for such tuition fees.
- Any information submitted by the Players will be recorded and kept only to be used in relation to the Competition and will not be used for any other purposes whatsoever.
- Each Player agrees that personal data submitted, including name, mobile number, email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by Abjadiyat.
- Each Player agrees to the transmission, processing, disclosing and storage of this personal data.
- For further details, please read Abjadiyat’s privacy policies available on the Application.
- The Players agree to be photographed/recorded by electronic, online and print media for telecast and publications and contacted on the mobile number and email address provided to Abjadiyat.
- Abjadiyat may also collect and utilize any information, photographs, video clips, etc. of the Player for publication and sharing for promotional requirement of the Competition and/or the App, without further compensation.
- Internet and Disclaimer
- Abjadiyat will not be responsible for any entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or failed to be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Abjadiyat will not be responsible and/or liable for any malfunction of hardware or the software of or due to the Competition application.
- Abjadiyat will not be responsible for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by a Player as result of entering into the Competition. Players and their parents/guardians agree to release and hold Abjadiyat, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, affiliates, agents, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Competition, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- Organiser’s discretion
- Abjadiyat reserves the right to disqualify any Player from the Competition if, in Abjadiyat’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Player has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition by cheating, deceit or by practicing other unfair methods or for non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
- Abjadiyat reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Competition, including but not limited to the date, Terms and Conditions, at any time or to accept or reject any or all of the entries, without giving a prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Governing Law and Dispute Settlement
- This Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates.